emblem

The United Republic of Tanzania

The National Museum of Tanzania (NMT)

BG IMAGE

Welcome to National Museum

AZANIA FRONT CHURCH

AZANIA FRONT CHURCH


The building was constructed during the German period, from 1898 to 1902. Originally owned by the German Lutheran Mission until the end of First World War (1918) when the British Anglican (under the Church Missionary Society) took over. In 1927 the German Anglican were given back the church, and started involving Tanzanians into its administration.

Tanzania Census 2022